Wednesday 9 January 2013

Focus Group Questions/Discussion Points

What do you think of my horror poster mock-ups? How could they be improved?
This question will allow me to gain feedback on the mock-ups that I have already created. This will then guide me on how to then improve my poster by following the advice of the focus group. 

What horror sub-genre do you like the most and why? The sub-genres include things such as slasher, supernatural and psychological.
This will help me find out what type horror sub-genre will be better to use, especially as I have both a slasher and a supernatural sub-genre poster mock-up. As I have asked them why, this topic will also give me reasons as to why they like the sub-genre.

If you went into a shop to specifically buy a DVD, what would attract you to a particular DVD? What would you look for in a horror DVD?
This discussion topic will help me more so when creating the DVD cover rather than the poster. I first asked what attracted them to a particular DVD in a shop, this will help me decide what to include on my DVD cover and how to attract an individual to it. I also asked specifically about what they look for on a horror DVD cover as this will help me with the specifics of my DVD cover.

What do you think would be a good name for a horror film? And what are some of your favorite horror film titles?
I will not use the film title idea's that the focus group come up with, although what this will do is give me a rough idea as to what my focus group prefers to see as a horror film title. I can then create my own horror film title that has some similarities to the titles that the focus group has come up with. Also asking them for  their favorite horror film titles will give some similar feedback to their own title ideas.

Do you think it would make you want to see a particular horror film if the poster came across as very explicit, for example if blood is shown, or would you prefer to watch a film that was slightly mysterious and left you asking questions?
This discussion topic will give me an idea of what type of route I will go down when creating my poster, as horror poster's aren't always the same and as I hinted to in the question a horror poster, like the Saw franchise, may display explicit images with blood and one poster even including teeth on a string. Whereas as another poster, such as The Ring, would be slightly plain in it's presentation with more white colours rather than red and brown colours that can derive from torture and slasher genres. 

No comments:

Post a Comment