Wednesday 5 December 2012

Paper Version Questionnaire


The questionnaire above will help me with deciding what to include in my horror poster and DVD cover. The questions will help me decide things such as the type of narrative to use for the film and what to call my film.
Below I have written how each question will help with creating the poster and DVD cover:

Questions 1 to 3 - The gender, age and occupation of the participant will help me figure out my 
demographic. This will then better advise me on what type of people prefer certain things in horror films, I can then see what my target audience (which will be mostly students, the main audience for horror films) prefer to see in horror films.

Question 4 - This question will help with the design and layout of my poster. This is because I will be able to see which advertising medium is most popular and create my poster based on that idea. For example, if the Billboard was the most popular advertising medium them I would focus on making the title and release date very clear so that it would be easy for the audience to read it of a big billboard.

Question 5 - This question will help with how visceral my poster and narrative should by seeing what is most popular. Creating the poster based around the most popular answer will ensure a bigger audience. I have also included a space to cater for those who prefer no gore at all in horror films which asks what they would prefer to see, which the answer may be something like a more psychological based horror film.

Question 6 - In this question I have included a choice of three films each from different horror sub-genres: supernatural, slasher and torture. I thought this may be a better approach than directly asking the participant what their favourite sub-genre of horror was because they may not know the terms such as 'slasher' or 'torture' horror films. The three films I have chosen seem to be the most popular film franchises of today's audience's which is why I included them. I have also included the option of 'none' rather than asking what their favourite horror film is because I have included a similar question later on.

Question 7 - This question will indicate whether the time of year, in terms of seasons, have an affect on when the participant goes to see a film. This will give me an indication on what time of year to use as the release date for my film poster. Previous research suggests that around winter is a autumn/winter is a good time to release horror films but I thought I would use the opportunity of primary research to see if this is indeed a good time to release a film.

Question 8 - I included this question to see whether the use of a website or social networking page on a film poster is actually effective and whether that many audience members actually use them. If the results of this question return saying that websites aren't very popular for films then I may decide to not include it on my poster.

Question 9 - This question will certainly help with the type of narrative I want to use for my horror film. For my first poster, I used a human murderer with a knife, which would come under 'a psycho killer', however research may suggest that using a different monster/killer in my horror film may be more effective or popular with my target audience. I have also included a space where the participant can write a different antagonist that they would prefer to see if they do not choose any of the options that I included.

Question 10 - This question, again, will help me with deciding the type of narrative to include in my horror film. For my previous poster, I used an abandoned house as the setting but, again, this may prove not as popular as other settings with my target audience. I have also included a space where they can write another setting that they fin more 'scary' than the options that I included.

Question 11 - This question will give me an overview of what my demographics favourite horror films are. This will give me an indication of what sub-genre would be good to use and I will also be able to look up the various films that they have mentioned and maybe include some elements from the most popular films.

Question 12 - On this question I included two ideas for horror films that I could potentially use for the main sub-genre's of horror (supernatural, slasher and torture). This will give me a clear indication on what title to use depending on what sub-genre I decide to ensue, which may be influenced by the previous questions in the questionnaire.



No comments:

Post a Comment